Waterjet Cutting Texas
Custom Abrasive Waterjet Cutting
Waterjet Cutting technology allows material to be cut quickly and cleanly with minimal waste and no distortion. If you have a .dxf file, a drawing, or just an idea, we will work closely with you to ensure that the finished product is what you desire. We bring experience, quality, and dedication to the waterjet machining process, and our commitment to doing a job right the first time will satisfy your waterjet cutting needs, whatever the job requires.
What Is Abrasive Waterjet Cutting?
Abrasive waterjet cutting is a process that uses a mixture of high-pressure water and abrasive to cut material from styrofoam to titanium quickly, economically, and without harm to the environment. Because the waterjet does not use heat or pressure, the finished product has no warping, distortion, or discoloration. With waterjet machining, the cutting head does not touch the material, so precise shapes and angles can be cut very easily. The cutting process is computer-controlled, so cutting multiple parts requires almost no additional setup time.
Why Use Abrasive Waterjet Cutting?
The benefits of abrasive waterjet cutting extend beyond cost and precision. Here are just some of the advantages you can expect from waterjet machining:
- Waterjet machining costs less than other machining methods. By using waterjet to cut your materials, you can save money and keep from tying up your own resources.
- The quality of the cut achieved by a waterjet machine virtually eliminates additional finishing. In most cases, the material will require no additional finishing. In other cases, secondary processes are greatly reduced.
- Waterjet cutting is faster than other methods, especially for materials that would otherwise require much additional finishing.
- The Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) process produces identical parts every time, and changes can be made quickly and easily.
- Scrap material remains in tact and can be reused.
- In many cases, material can be stacked to decrease production costs.
Why Use Alpha?
Waterjet cutting can be very quick and easy, and at Alpha Waterjet, we add several custom features that will serve your unique needs.
- Alpha will work with designs in whatever form you can bring them to us. CAD files have the quickest turnaround, but we have made cuts using images that we have scanned to our computer as well as patterns with dimensions included. To send us a file, please take a look at these guidelines.
- We operate a 55″ x 100″ abrasive waterjet machine. With tolerances up to +/- 0.003″, the waterjet can cut through any material up to 4″ thick.
- With metal fabrication capabilities, we can work with many parts after they have been cut.
- Alpha Waterjet can easily receive your materials and ship them to you via our shipping dock.
- We have many materials on hand, and we can also acquire some other materials according to your specifications.
Also check: Between Glass Blinds Services